Gate Crashing

15:57

Cochill Burn

My new bike arrived on Friday and so I decided to take a spin up to Aberfeldy on the weekend. I headed up through Dunfermline, past Knockhill (where a few fast cars where wizzing around the race course) and Crossed the Ochils through Glen Devon. Then I took in Glen Eagles to Crieff and from there to Aberfeldy.

In Aberfeldy I ran into a biker (the leather clad motorcycle type) and ended up getting myself invited to his son's stag do in a bunk house on top of a very steep hill. This was superb good luck! I bought the stag (who had been awake for approximately 54 hours and was supremely drunk) a bottle of whiskey as a thank you present. He just said, "Thanks, could you put it over there with the 15 others."

With roasted pig, beer and heavy rock, not to mention a drunken rope swing, I settled in.
Drunk as lords and dressed like idiots. Fantastic!

On Sunday morning I had a hangover. I filled up my water bottle with ice and warm water (the cold tap was broken in the bunkhouse) and breakfasted on more pig and apple sauce. Then I free wheeled down into Aberfeldy and pedalled west. I followed the south bank of Loch Tay which has a small single track road and superb views over the loch to the Ben Lawers range. By Killin the hangover was easing and I joined NCN7 which I followed to Callander.
I didn't go there, but I'm sure its an interesting place
A weird castle thing and my bike
Loch Tay


I made it to Bridge of Allen before the heavens opened and it tipped it down all of the rest of the way to Charlestown. Bike was brilliant!
Canoes passing my lunch spot on Loch Tay

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *