Route

10:58

Follow my progress on the map below:


In November 2009 I will arrive in Buenos Aires and head off for Tierra del Fuego by bus. I will end up down in Ushuaia, the most southerly city in the world. From there I will cycle, you've guessed it, north.

At first I will head through Patagonia where I hope I will cope against the winds. I will pass mighty mountains such as the Torres del Paine and Mount Fitzroy and visit the Perito Moreno Glacier. Next I will take on the famous Carretera Austral a gravel road through impressive Patagonian scenery. The road connects with the Panamerican Highway which I will follow towards Santiago, taking in Los Lagos Region (the Chilean Lake district)along the way.

At some point I will cross the Andes into northwest Argentina and then cycle into Bolivia. I am keen to visit Salar de Uyuni the worlds largest salt flat (at over 4000 square miles) and the dinosaur tracks at Torotoro. Then I will head to Lago Titicaca and cross into Peru.

In Peru I will be keen to visit the remnants of the Incas and, of course, I will head up to see Machu Picchu. I'm also looking forward to seeing the enigmatic Nazca lines. Continuing north through Peru, I will make my way to Equador and sample barbecued guinea pig, before looking for a boat ride down the Amazon into Brazil to Manus. I will then use part of the Transamazonian Highway to get to Boa Vista and from there into Venezuela. I will then look for a boat ride down the Orinoco. Then I arrive on the sunny sandy beaches of the Caribbean and crack open a cold beer to celebrate.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. met you on the road, all the best for the next step, your project is awesome
    besos de Valparaiso
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *