A Wet WHW and a Thumps Up for Al's Part 2

17:40

LinkSoggy
Yesterday, I put in a long run from Crainlarich to the Falls of Falloch near Inverarnan along the West Highland Way. It rained continuously with the wind in my face all the way there. I then ran back with the wind and rain on my back. Dripping, I joined the girls in the pub for a hot coffee and some sticky toffee pud with custard. Ahh!


Today I finished reading Thunder and Sunshine by Alastair Humphreys. Russ gave me his first book Moods of Future Joy for my birthday last year. The second book completes his low budget journey around the world by bicycle. It is better written than the first book, both in terms of being a more interesting read and having a more fluent pace. In Moods he dwelt, a little too much for my liking, on his own moods, crying, and navel gazing. In Thunder he is more outward looking with great descriptions of the places he travels through and he gets stuck in with a confidence and an upbeat outlook. There are still a tedious number of quotations littered everywhere, but thankfully some humor too. Such as this conversation with a Chinese Dad.

"I life Lady Dee."
"Lady Di?"
"Yes, Lady Dee Die. You life red and white?"
"Yes I like riding a bike."

If you'd like to read it too let me know and I'll post it to you.

Alastair is now raising sponsorship for another challenge, SOUTH, the longest unsupported polar journey in history. Go him!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *