The Day Red Ford Died

21:08

Turns out it is worse than the garage first thought and the car will cost more to repair than it is worth. The drive shaft is shafted.

I am tempted to try and do without a car for a few months (or possibly forever).

Tonight I ran to Inverkeithing (4.5 miles) and caught the train to South Gyle and ran home (1.7 miles). I'm pretty sure I can sustain this way of commuting (although occasionally I might cycle) and it will be a great base for marathon training.

As for weekend trips, shopping, etc., using bike/bus/feet will be less convenient but surely possible. I can always hire a car from time to time.

However if I spot a cheap, small, economical and reliable looking car I could be tempted. . .

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *